Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Billy Elliot Story

Time/Date:  00:30 / Late January 2010
Setteen:       Dublin City Centre

The story goes like this. After a night of chilling with 2 LEGEND IRISH dudes Mike "The Edge" Edge (What an awesome name hey!) and Andrew "Thespian" Adamson (Yes, he is in fact, a raging thespian!) in 3 Dublin pubs chuggeeen Guinness and shouting (they were loud, crowded pubs) about everything from Tigers and Lions to Betties (Girls) and many other interesting and controversial subjects, I bid my adieu to the Lads and headed for home. My mode of transport? The Luas which is a Light Train/Tram type of contraption which ferries people in and out of the city each day and night.

Shortly after hopping on the Luas and finding a kiff spot to stand and look swave^(read: "swarve") / Super-Sexay-Schick, I noticed this dude and chick hop on and sit down, not too far from where I was standing and looking swave^(read: "swarve") / Super-Sexay-Schick. I took little notice of them at the time because I was too busy focussing on looking swave^(read: "swarve") / Super-Sexay-Schick. Anyway, a minute or 2 later, the Luas started moveeen off from Stephen's Green toward Harcourt Road.

So there I was standing on the Luas, trying very hard not to look like I was trying very hard at looking swave^(read: "swarve") / Super-Sexay-Schick, when all of a sudden I heard a burst of laughter. Looking around, I noticed the girl (who hopped on a few minutes earlier with her beau) looking at me and laughing. I thought nothing of it at first because as you know oftentimes you laugh and look around, catch some unrelated person's eye and continue in your space laugheen, etc. So I thought it was unrelated. Anyway, a moment later, I noticed her chuckleeen again and now this other girl sitting next to her was also looking and laugheeen. At ME! This was now becoming an issue. I thought to myself "Bags full of sh(one)t!" Then I thought "What have I done to deserve this? I have not just recited a poem / Poe-Rap (Pronounced Po-A-Rap - The combo of a rap and a poem), or whipped out a perfect ballet demi-plie^, so why oh why is she laugheeen?" A moment later, again it happened, by which time my face was red as something really red like the inside of a grapfefruit or this stapler on my desk (it's red). Then I thought "Have I got something on my face? That's the only explanation. But what could lead to such abandoned laughter? POO! I must have poo ... ON MY FACE!" Then I thought "but how did I get poo on my face?" and then I thought "if there is, in fact, poo - on my face - why the EFFELS did my boys Mike "The Edge" Edge and Andrew "Thespian" Adamson not be good Borsels and tell me (BASTARDS!) (PS: I love U guys!) that I have POO ON MY BLOODIE FACE (!), to save me from further embarrassment!?!"

So then I proceeded to do what any sane person in my situation would do. I started rubbing my face. Yip, that's right, I rubbed and tweaked my face and nose like a I was buffing a car. Using both hands, discreetly though (sure!), tweaking my nose and wiping my mouth, all the time continuing to look totally swave^(read: "swarve") / Super-Sexay-Schick, of courses! After rubbing my face from all different angles for what seemed an eternity, I was satisfied that whatever the offending substance was, whether it be poo or a snollie (which I suddenly thought was a more likely explanation), must've been dealt with by now. So I relaxed and continued the ride. The next thing I know though, the dude who had accompanied the initial laughing girl onto the Tram, was now also looking at me and chuckling!!! "FLIPSELS!" I shouted in anguish (shouted. Inside my head that is). I then thought that "enough is in fact, certainly in this scenario, ENOUGH!" So I walked toward them (roughly 4 or 5 paces) and said "What is it?"  Then the dude said: "They think U look exactly like Billy Elliot." "Oh!" I sighed with relief and said "Shew, is that all? I thought I had Poo on my face." Then they said "no" and then I said "that's good" and then they said "yeah." I then told them that "people have told me before that I resemble Billy Elliot, but I am not sure whether I am too encouraged by it" then the initial laughing girl said "Well, U look like a grown-up Billy Elliot, not the young one." and I said "thanks." She then said that the this French chick sitting next to her also agreed that I do, in fact, look like Bill. At this the french chick nodded and said: "Oui Oui!" (Actually she didn't say "Oui, Oui" but she did nod. I just thought a bit of "Francais" would give this Story a nice international and multi-cultural flavour!) and then we all chuckled a tad.

     
                                             Really?

I then chatted to the guy a little bit about SA, etc. (He correctly picked my accent and country, thankfully not calling me Australian!). Then they hopped off the Luas and I carried on satisfied that there was, in actual fact, no poo on my face, trying very hard to regain my composure and to once again look totally swave^(read: "swarve") / Super-Sexay-Schick.

End of story.

13 comments:

  1. Love it, Gram. Looking forward to more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beauty! I love it. Laughed-out-loud. Miss you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Borsel! Your a mean, swave^(read: "swarve") / Super-Sexay-Schick writer bro. keep it up. Put a big smile on my face. Just today Moses and I were talking about the other story of yours, "the day you almost got married" LEGENDARY!!!! Looking forward to many more chuckles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I think I've actually done myself damage, I laughed so much!
    To be honest bro, the Billy Eliot thing is there... can't believe I never noticed before. You should totally use that to get a betty.
    And bru... it's frikkin's spelled SUAVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest I would have checked my fly as a first port of call. Although, it would be a little juvenile to chuckle at a guy with his fly down. The snarly would have been the second option...in my mind at least. Use Billy as your facebook photo for next year's doppleganger week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi. i don't know you. marko begged me to read your blog. he said it was really good (the content, not the spelling).really really good. he pleaded with me.i think he even had a tear in his eye.i think marko may have a crush on you.guess that explains the billy poster on his cupboard door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with Anthony on this, my first check would have been the fly. DeanageNESSness this made my day. looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Brother!!

    It's great to get your antics documented for all to experience! Freaken brilliant story my brother. I am glad you got the explanation before they got off the jolly tram!

    This picture definitely looks like you brother: http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv-reviews/billy-elliot/2008/02/01/1201801011274.html

    Love you lots my brother! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Read it, and then read it again (out loud) to Julie. Awesome, rib-tickling stuff! You're such a legend bu!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Graeme, TOO funny!! Love that story! Mic says hello!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny funny man. I have been wanting to read your posts for the last two weeks, but just been too busy. I am glad I got to it. GDean, you are missed my china. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We want more, we want more, we want more..............!!!!! just want the world to know that this Borsel happens to be my cousin...You make us laugh Gray, we love you!! keep em coming Billy....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey all!

    Thanks SO MUCH for all the "deadly" (A little Irish Lingo 4 U!) comments! They mean a lot.

    Hopefully the reads will continue to induce a little chucklage.

    Love U peoples.
    Spinzels.

    ReplyDelete